The solution of the prey and predator problem by differential transformation method
Keywords:Differential transformation method, Taylor's series expansion, prey and predator problem, Adomian decomposition method.
AbstractThe problem of prey and predator is solved by the dierential transformation method (DTM). Numerical comparisons with Adomian decomposition method (ADM) and power series method are presented.
- J. Biazar, R. Montazeri, A computational method for solution of the prey and predator problem, Applied Mathematics and Computation 163 (2005) 841-847. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2004.05.001
- J. Biazar, M. Ilie, A. Khoshkenar, A new approach to the solution of the prey and predator problem and comparison of the results with the Adomian method, Applied Mathematics and Computation 171 (2005) 486-491. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2005.01.040
- M. Rafei, H. Daniali, D.D. Ganji, Variational iteration method for solving the epidemic model and the prey and predator problem, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 186 (2) (2007) 1701-1709. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2006.08.077
- S.M. Goh, M.S.M. Noorani, I. Hashim, Prescribing a multistage analytical method to a preypredator dynamical system, Physics Letters A, 373 (2008) 107-110. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physleta.2008.11.009
- J.K. Zhou, Differential Transformation and Its Applications for Electrical Circuits, Huazhong University Press, Wuhan, China, 1986. (in Chinese).
- C.L. Chen, Y.C. Liu, Differential transformation technique for steady nonlinear heat conduction problems, Applied Mathematics and Computation 95 (1998) 155-164. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0096-3003(97)10096-0
- C.L. Chen, Y.C. Liu, Solution of two point boundary value problems using the differential transformation method, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 99 (1998) 23-35. http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1021791909142
- C.L. Chen, S.H. Lin, C.K. Chen, Application of Taylor transformation to nonlinear predictive control problem, Applied Mathematical Modeling 20 (1996) 699-710. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0307-904X(96)00050-9
- C.K. Chen, S.H. Ho, Application of differential transformation to eigenvalue problems, Applied Mathematics and Computation 79 (1996) 173-188. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0096-3003(95)00253-7
- C. L. Chen, Y. C. Liu. Solution of two point boundary value problems using the differential transformation method. JOpt Theory Appl., 99(1998):23-35. http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1021791909142
- F. Ayaz. Applications of differential transform method to differential-algebraic equations. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 152(2004):649-657. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0096-3003(03)00581-2
- F. Kangalgil, F. Ayaz. Solitary wave solutions for the KdV and mKdV equations by differential transform method. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, 41(2009)(1):464-472.
- S. V. Ravi Kanth, K. Aruna. Two-dimensional differential transform method for solving linear and non-linear Schrodinger equations. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, 41(2009)(5):2277-2281.
- A. Arikoglu, I. Ozkol. Solution of fractional differential equations by using differential transform method. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, 34(2007):1473-1481. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2006.09.004
- J. Biazar, M. Eslami, Differential Transform Method for Quadratic Riccati Differential Equation, International Journal of Nonlinear Science, 9 (4) (2010) 444-447.
- M.J. Jang, C.L. Chen, Y.C. Liy, On solving the initial value problems using the differential transformation method, Applied Mathematics and Computation 115 (2000) 145-160. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0096-3003(99)00137-X
- I.H. A. Hassan, Differential transformation technique for solving higher-order initial value problems, Applied Mathematics and Computation 154 (2004) 299-311 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0096-3003(03)00708-2
- S-H. Chang, I-L. Chang, A new algorithm for calculating one-dimensional differential transform of nonlinear functions, Applied Mathematics and Computation 195 (2008) 799-808. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2007.05.026
- S. Schnell,C. Mendoza, Closed form solution for time-dependent enzyme kinetics. J. Theor. Biol. 187 (1997) 207-212. http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/jtbi.1997.0425
- AK. Sen, An application of the Adomian decomposition method to the transient behavior of a model biochemical reaction. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 131 (1988) 232-245. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-247X(88)90202-8
- I. Hashim, M.S.H. Chowdhury b, S. Mawa, On multistage homotopy-perturbation method applied to nonlinear biochemical reaction model, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 36 (2008) 823-827. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2007.09.009
LicenseAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution Licensethat allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work''s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal''s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (SeeÂ The Effect of Open Access).